Book Review: The Lure of Shapinsay

Hey my lovelies as you know I have been absent because of school lately, but I have been trying so hard to get back to my blog. Well today I have no homework and I decided to do a book review on one of the few books I have gotten a chance to read! So Let's go!


Good Reads Synopsis

Ever since Kait Swanney could remember, the old crones of the village have been warning her to stay away from the selkies. They claim that like sirens of old, the seal men creep from the inky waters, shed their skins, and entice women to their deaths beneath the North Sea. But avoiding an encounter becomes impossible when Kait is spotted at the water’s edge, moments after the murder of a half-selkie infant.

Unexpectedly, Kait is awoken by a beautiful, selkie man seeking revenge. After she declares her innocence, the intruder darts into the night, but not before inadvertently bewitching her with an overpowering lure.

Kait obsesses over a reunion deep beneath the bay and risks her own life to be reunited with her selkie. But when she lands the dangerous lover, the chaos that follows leaves Kait little time to wonder—is it love setting her on fire or has she simply been lured?

My Review: I really enjoyed this book! The mythology and twist on the mythology was really something refreshing to my reader's eyes. I have never read anything other than Greek mythology so reading this was really new. The main characters, Kait and Eamon, were really well put together and were very like-able characters. The alternating POVs in this book were really well written and enjoyable! I loved being able to look inside both Kait and Eamon's minds! Eamon was at times a very irritating character but you couldn't help but to love him yet want to change him a little bit also. This book was one I really enjoyed and was not that hard for me to get through at all. Krista Holle did a great job at writing this lovely tale of love and loss.




2 comments:

  1. I've been seeing this one around and have been hearing good things about it. Glad you liked it. Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And it from there that we can quickly surmise that this season is going to focus heavily on Toko. Toko certainly gotten close to the girls and Yumi has swiss replica watches taken a strong liking to her, though she distracted at first because it is the anniversary of when Sachiko louis vuitton outlet gave Yumi her rosary beads. That memory has brought up an interesting reaction from both as Yumi wants to know what she and Sachiko may do while Sachiko realizes that contrary to her own usual chanel replica ways, she must do something for Yumi because things will be changing. In reality, it won be long until Sachiko moves on to the Lillian Women College and is away more, even if just across campus. And that has Sachiko realizing replica handbags that just like how she was pushed, she has to give Yumi the right push so she can get her own little sister.

    ReplyDelete