Book Review: Glitch by Heather Anastasiu


Title: Glitch
Author: Heather Anastasiu
Genre: YA Sci-Fi
Expected Release: August 7th






In the Community, there is no more pain or war. Implanted computer chips have wiped humanity clean of destructive emotions, and thoughts are replaced by a feed from the Link network.

When Zoe starts to malfunction (or “glitch”), she suddenly begins having her own thoughts, feelings, and identity. Any anomalies must be immediately reported and repaired, but Zoe has a secret so dark it will mean certain deactivation if she is caught: her glitches have given her uncontrollable telekinetic powers.

As Zoe struggles to control her abilities and stay hidden, she meets other glitchers including Max, who can disguise his appearance, and Adrien, who has visions of the future. Both boys introduce Zoe to feelings that are entirely new. Together, this growing band of glitchers must find a way to free themselves from the controlling hands of the Community before they’re caught and deactivated, or worse.



Okay so this review isn't like my others as you can tell. Because I read Glitch and there was something off about it to me. Wether it was the dialogue or the story-line I have no idea but this book was just not my cup of tea. I've never been big on books where people lose all touch to emotion or just have no sense of emotion at all, but I decided to venture out and give Glitch a try.



Glitch was my first Sci- Fi book I've ever read and I sort of put it on a pedestal. It sounded great and like a great read to start my venture into learning about this genre. I wasn't disappointed per say but it could have been better. It had some of its great points but most of the time I was somewhat confused and bothered by the dialogue. Adrien had his own sort of talk or words or something! He would use some awkward or weird work to replace a derogatory word. But what ever it was he used it too much. But I loved a great amount of things,one thing I really liked was how they had USB type ports in the back of their necks. I've never heard of anything like that on a person.


Glitch wasn't a disappointment but I guess it wasn't something I would have picked up on my own. So with that being said I give Glitch....


 If you want to check out glitch I placed some links below.
Glitch by Heather Anastasiu [Amazon | Barnes&Noble | Goodreads]

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, It can be hard to get out of your comfort zone and read/review a genre that you wouldnt normally read. Glitch sounds good. but I also dont like books where people have been stripped of emotions.
    great review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a step out but I think I'll still give this genre a chance.

      Delete