Book Review: Ashes by Estevan Vega

Title: Ashes
Author: Estevan Vega
Publisher: StoneGate Ink
Check It Out: Amazon | Barnes&Noble | Goodreads

Goodreads Synopsis
MORE THAN THREE MONTHS HAVE PASSED SINCE ARSON AND EMERY WERE SUDDENLY TAKEN. TAKEN AND THEN SEPARATED. AND EXPERIMENTED ON.
The minds running Salvation Asylum have abducted them for a dark purpose. A campaign has been set in motion to genetically alter mankind. Unknowingly, Arson has become the most vital instrument in this global scheme, initiated by a select group of brilliant scientists and cunning world leaders. Confused, trapped, and unable to fully manifest his abilities, Arson faces a new existence crawling with questions. Will he ever see Emery again? Is Grandma still alive? Can the fate of the human race really hang in the balance of one choice?
Nightmare and reality collide in Ashes, book two in the gripping ARSON trilogy. Love will be tested. Powers will shift. And the past will invade the here and now as Arson discovers a part of himself he has never before known and fights against his own shocking origins. Will this boy who once tempted fire be able to take on a fearful future? When the struggle intensifies and secrets come to light, will Arson be ready to accept the haunting revelation that there may be others out there, others like him?
Hello my lovelies! This morning I have finished reading Ashes by Estevan Vega and I am here to give you a book review! If you want a full overview of where we left off you can read my Arson Book Review ---> HERE. But if you have read and you know then stay tune for my review! Happy reading!
WARNING! IF YOU HAVE NOT READ ARSON THEN THIS BOOK REVIEW MAY CONTAIN SOME SPOILERS!



My Thoughts:
This book was packed with action and of course great characters! I mean I don't understand how the story can get any better! I was so anxious to see how Emery's and Arson's relationship flourished after being kidnapped. The new characters were also a great added bonus! They all had there ticks and tocks (As I like to call them. "Them" being their ups and downs) Personally I LOVED that everybody was a narrator in this book! It allows you to see from everyone's POV and see how they feel about their surroundings and what is going on around them. It is not something most authors give and if they do, you are never fully happy with it. But I was delighted and I think Estevan Vega did an AMAZING job giving us this. I also loved the setting of the story! Being set in an asylum...WOW. I have only read one other book with this setting and I can tell you now I really do enjoy this setting.


This trilogy is one that is going to be one that I will definitely recommend everyone reads. Not only is this book packed with action but it is also a very emotional and heart grabbing read. I feel that Arson is one of the best male characters I have ever read about and lived with him. With every thing up for grabs I can't wait to see where this adventure will take Arson and Adam.


So with everything accounted for and read I proudly give Ashes a place on my rarely seen....


0 comments:

Post a Comment